Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Beaded Pluto: First Post

I mentioned a few posts back that I had started working on another beaded project.  This is the piece I designed for Pluto that is similar to the one I made for Chip 'n Dale.

To the right is the image I used to make my pattern.  However, I did not do the extreme shading they did in the image.  I wanted him to look more "old school" like the original animations.

This one is a bit simpler than Chip 'n Dale.  I was thinking of adding a bone in the upper left hand corner as I had added the acorn in Chip 'n' Dale, but I didn't like the way it looked and eventually abandoned that idea.

So I started off with a bang, 41 rows completed.  Granted quite a few of those were only two colors, but still, it was quick.
As of April 21, 2015, 41 Rows
When I started working on Pluto I slowed down a bit.
As of April 28, 2015, 57 Rows
And then I took a break.  And today I worked on a whole bunch.
As of July 7, 2015, 87 Rows
I did 30 rows, completed 2 colors and got most of his head done.

Project Stats:
Pattern: Pluto
Original Artist: Disney
Pattern by: Me
Started Beading: April 21, 2015
Beads: 11/0 Miyuki Delicas
Thread: Silamide
Percentage: 43.06% complete
Rows: 87 of 202 complete
Beads: 4,089 of 9,494 complete

I think I'm going back to working on Ophelia for the rest of the day.  I haven't gotten very far on the new page yet.