Okay, warning: I got VERY picture happy. I did a small project, which I need to post about. A gift for a family friend, so Ophelia took a little bit longer to finish than I thought.
So this time I was finally able to keep myself on track and finished all the darkest colors on the left hand side of the two pages.
I found her lips. Good. Without them I could only think of Pac Man when I looked at her mouth, and she seemed a bit deformed. Now she's looking much better. Her eyelids are also starting to take shape.
I think it was around this point that I started doing colors from the least stitches to the most.
And one color left to stitch:
That last color is finally in!
Finally, here she is looking quite beautiful:
I was afraid that after doing her face the rest would be rather anti-climatic. But I'm actually finding I can't wait to see how well her clothing turns out after seeing how well she's looking so far.
Original Artist: Jonathon Earl Bowser
Pattern by: Heaven and Earth Designs
Started Stitching: August 15, 2009
Restarted Stitching: January 1, 2015
Fabric: 25ct. White Magic Guide
Floss: DMC 1 over 1
Percentage: 17.69% complete
Pages: 8 of 54 complete
Stitches: 59,873 out of 338,400 complete
I really should put her down and start working on Christmas gifts. We'll see what I actually end up doing.