Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Storykeep - Magical Arrival: The Fourth Post

Back at my parent's house again.  This actually took me a couple of visits to my parent's house to finish.  I was slacking a little.  Finally, red.  With this first red in, or Garnet, I've passed the halfway point!  Halfway as in number of stitches, not number of colors.  I've barely done 1/4 of the 89 different colors in this piece.

The next color I'm going to be working on is called Melon.  It will be, by far, the brightest color I've worked on with this piece.  It'll be a nice change of pace.  After that, I think I'm going to fill in the holes towards the bottom with the Mocha Brown.  It'll be nice to see a full section completely stitched.  That will also mean I can throw away page four of the chart, even if it's just a partial page, it still feels like an accomplishment.

After that, I'm thinking of finishing all the green, and whatever colors, of the leaves of the mistletoe.  At least I think it's mistletoe.  It's Christmas themed and has white berries, I can't think of anything else it should be.  Finishing those colors will also mean filling in the toe and heel of the stocking.

I guess I don't really need to keep typing my plans since you'll see them unfold soon enough.  I will be putting this on hold starting next week while I finish up a long overdue Christmas present for my mother.  A French Beaded Flower Christmas Cactus.  I want to have it done and sitting on her coffee table when she gets back from her trip.  I'll post my progress on that as well.

Project Stats:
Pattern: Storykeep - Magical Arrival
Original Artist: Anne Stokes
Pattern by: Heaven and Earth Designs
Started Stitching: January 31, 2012
Fabric: 18ct. White Aida
Floss: DMC 2 over 1
Percentage: 58.38% complete
Colors: 23 of 89 complete
Stitches: 13,879 out of 23,775

No comments:

Post a Comment