Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Maritime - Benthic: First Post

So it seems that I'm obsessed with the Signets at the moment.  I started Benthic pretty much right after I posted the Pilot finish.  Benthic is part of a two pack set along with Pelagic.  These are water dragons, with Benthic meaning the bottom of a sea or lake, Pelagic means living or growing at or near the surface of the ocean.

The fabric I'm using is 28ct Cashel Linen Icon.  The thread is Weeks Dye Works in Peacock.  I find it kind of funny that I'm using a color named after a bird for a water dragon.

When I stitched this I didn't exactly start in the middle.  The piece of fabric I ordered had a tiny pink spot that I wanted to make sure was covered.  I figured what would approximately cover that spot if I had started in the center and did that first.  It ended up being the right fin... or is that a dorsal fin?
262 Stitches

I next worked on most of the body and a few more fins.
1,063 Stitches

Next up, his head.
1,497 Stitches
The fabric color isn't really showing up in the pictures, it's just a very light blue.

I'm not sure if I'm going to have time to finish him up tomorrow or Thursday.  After that I need to make myself work on my nephew's blanket.  I'm going to try to finish up another skein before I let myself work on the next Signet.

Project Stats:
Pattern: Maritime - Benthic
Pattern by: Fire Wing Designs
Started Stitching: June 24, 2013
Fabric: 28ct. Icon Cashel Linen
Floss: Weeks Dye Works Peacock, 2 over 2
Percentage: 58.7% complete
Stitches: 1,497 out of 2,550 complete

No comments:

Post a Comment