Sunday, June 23, 2013

Pilot: First Post

As I mentioned, Pilot was going to be the next Signet I was going to work on.

I decided to use the same color fabric as the sample, Monet.  While I did decide to keep the thread color similar, I did use a different thread from the sample.  I'm using Caron Waterlilies, Aubergine.

I first started with the large curl in the center, then went on to the tail.
840 Stitches

Next, I stitched his right wing.
1128 Stitches
I was going to take a picture right after I finished the wing, but I forgot.  So instead you see a little bit of his neck already started.  I just took a tiny break to take a snapshot when I realized.

I continued on with his head and finished it up.
1361 Stitches

Project Stats:
Pattern: Pilot
Pattern by: Fire Wing Designs
Started Stitching: June 21, 2013
Fabric: 28ct. Monet Cashel Linen
Floss: Caron Waterlilies Aubergine, 2 over 2
Percentage: 58.99% complete
Stitches: 1,361 out of 2,307 complete

While I was writing this post I noticed a discrepancy in the photo on the chart and my stitched version.  Well, I'd made a mistake.  So I'm going to need to fix the large swirl in the center.  Then I will continue on to his left wing.

No comments:

Post a Comment