Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Maritime - Pelagic: First Post

Here's the other half of Maritime, Pelagic.  I was going to change this one from the sample, but I ended up not doing so.  I did like the background color, and still do, I love blue and this is a great blue color.  I didn't really like the yellow that there seemed to be in the picture of the sample.  I looked up the color anyway and didn't see the same yellow color in the photo of the thread.  I decided to buy it and decide if I wanted to use it when it arrived.  I'm guessing the light source for the sample was slightly yellow since I don't see any yellow at all in my thread.  So I decided to use it.

One thing I did notice about the Dinky Dyes thread I received is the varigation isn't very even, it seemed odd, but it seems to be working out well with Pelagic.

Up first is... this...
175 Stitches
I really don't know what part of the body this is.  Is it a fin?  I'm just going to call it an appendage and get on with the rest of this post.

Next up the main body and beginning of the tail.
1030 Stitches
And here's the rest of the tail:
1841 Stitches
I was going to post at this point, but I was pretty sure I was going to run out of thread so I decided to keep going until I did run out.  I got one of this fins completed.
2198 Stitches
And then I got a portion of his head done.
2419 Stitches
I can't help but giggle and think he looks like he has a shaved head.  I ordered more thread but it won't be in until almost the end of the month.  However, I have stitched enough to order the mats and frame for him.  I know that I've stitched the furthest right, left and bottom stitches.  And there's only one stitch higher on his "hair".

Project Stats:
Pattern: Maritime - Pelagic
Pattern by: Fire Wing Designs
Started Stitching: July 7, 2013
Fabric: 28ct. Twilight Cashel Linen
Floss: Dinky Dyes - Mint Ice, 2 over 2
Percentage: 82.25% complete
Stitches: 2,419 out of 2,941 complete

Now I'm just waiting for materials to come in to work on the other Signets.  But that doesn't mean I'll be idle.

No comments:

Post a Comment