Thursday, July 25, 2013

Dragon Game: First Post

Okay, I've been dark, sorry.  I even missed my Saturday post.  I don't have a good reason, just crazy work, which should be settling down and me not really wanting to work on much that I've already started.

So I started something new. :S  This is called Dragon Game, artwork by Molly Harrison.  It was a free chart at one point on HAED's site.  It is no longer available on their free chart page.  I'm stitching this on 20 ct. white and gold  Lugana.  You can kind of see the gold in the pictures below.

I did the color with the most stitches first, as is the norm for me.  And I took a picture with this one color, which is actually over 16% of the overall design.

Next I just did some colors that were within grabbing distance.  Colors that were in other charts I was working on.  I think there are three more colors added in this picture.

And this is where he's sitting right now.

Project Stats:
Pattern: Dragon Game
Original Artist: Molly Harrison
Pattern by: Heaven and Earth Designs
Started Stitching: July 19, 2013
Fabric: 20ct. White with Gold Lugana
Floss: DMC 2 over 1
Percentage: 31.26% complete
Stitches: 1,601 out of 5,121 complete

I was being such a good little stitcher with HAED's last few sales.  I hadn't bought anything in a loooong time.  Until I saw Hannah Lynn Disney's Punch of Color Girls 4.  I haven't been a huge fan of her artwork.  But I've seen many people stitch her work, I love her colors, and the cheerfulness of her pictures and wanted to find one that I'd want to stitch.  I liked Fisherman's Catch, and I think I might eventually purchase the mini, but it didn't call out to me.  Punch of Color Girls 4, didn't call out to me either... it screamed.  I love how the splotches of color are splotches of paint (kind of reminds me of Creative Dog), she's pretty, but her outfit makes her look tomboyish to me.  I'm thinking of doing her on 28 ct. evenweave, the same fabric I'm using for Her Special Place.  Okie that's enough from me, I finally have the floss for Pelagic, so I really need to finish him up.

No comments:

Post a Comment