Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Beaded Chip 'n Dale: First Post

I've been wanting to work on this one for a while.  I love Disney, really, what's not to love?  A while back I created a bunch of charts with Disney characters, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto, Chip 'n Dale & Tinkerbell.  I took some images I found and made them into beading charts.  My two favorites out of them were Pluto and Chip 'n Dale.  To the right is the image I used to make Chip 'n Dale.

All the cartoons I remember had them as the same color so that's how I'm going to make them, plus there aren't a lot of browns in Delicas.  Chip and Dale will be made from shiny beads, while the background will be matte beads.

I decided to start on this when I ran out of one of the bead colors I needed for Logan.  While creating this pattern the upper left corner seemed a little bare so I added an acorn.  You can see a little bit more than half of it in the first progress picture.
As of March 31, 2013, 25 rows.
Now you can see all of the acorn, their eyes, and Dale's red nose has appeared.
As of April 1, 2013, 50 rows.
I didn't get as much done today as I have been getting done, but their heads are now complete.
As of April 2, 2013, 66 rows.
Project Stats:
Pattern: Chip 'n Dale
Original Artist: Disney
Pattern by: Me
Started Beading: March 31, 2013
Beads: 11/0 Miyuki Delicas
Thread: Silamide
Percentage: 45.8% complete
Rows: 66 of 144 complete
Beads: 4356 of 9,504 complete

The beads for Logan have probably arrived, so I'll pick those up when I get back home.  I'll probably go back and forth working on these two for the time being.  And maybe add some french beaded flowers in the mix!

1 comment: