Monday, April 22, 2013

Light and Shadow - Lambent: First Post - Complete

I wasn't going to work on these for a while, but I had already purchased the thread I wanted to use on Lambent, and I had some extra fabric from You're Never Too Old that I thought would work great for Lambent.  Only after I decided what fabric I was going to use did I realize that it was the same fabric used on the sample.

Apparently Lambent was the first of these small dragons that Eva Horne created.  I find it very interesting that it was also the first one I stitched.

Each dragon has a name associated with Light or Dark, which is where the name of the set comes from, Light and Shadow.  Lambent means: Glowing, gleaming, or flickering with a soft radiance.  The sample had it with a light yellow that got a little bit darker.  The thread I chose, Golden Star by Crescent Colors, is a bright yellow that goes orange.

Time for the pictures.

Here's just the first few stitches:
120 Stitches
 Next, I finished up his wing:
563 Stitches
 He has a tail now:
791 Stitches
 Now for his body, legs and feet:
999 Stitches
 And I seem to be doing their heads last, I guess that's just the way it works out.
1,187 Stitches - Complete
Project Stats:
Pattern: Light and Shadow - Lambent
Pattern by: Fire Wing Designs
Started Stitching: April 21, 2013
Finished Stitching: April 22, 2013
Fabric: 28ct. Dusk Cashel Linen
Floss: Crescent Colors Golden Star 2 over 2
Percentage: 100% complete
Stitches: 1,187 out of 1,187 complete

I knew this wouldn't take long, and he took less than two days.  I do like the color I picked for him, I think it looks better than the sample, but I'm biased.

Out of the remaining three I think I might be doing Stygian next, the upper left piece.  I think I have a piece of fabric that will look good with him.  But Nocturne will definitely be the next signet I work on.  I just have to wait for it to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment