Saturday, August 3, 2013

Completed Project Add: Bead Weaving - YEI Logo

This is the first of three very similar beading projects that I made for my family.  There's a fourth with a similar theme, but different style.

This is the first one I designed and made.  At the time I didn't have the beading program that I now use, so it's rather rough.  Believe it or not, I actually used Excel to make the original pattern, but the problem was I made the beads square in my spreadsheet, and they're not perfectly square in real life.  I don't remember when I bought the program, but I do remember that I had to change this pattern because the original pattern made the circle more of an oval, and looked really strange.  I'm just not sure if I redid the pattern in Illustrator or Beadtool.

The circle with the YEi in it is the logo of the company my dad worked for and recently retired from.  It's not very big, about 2" (50mm) wide, by 2.5" (63mm) tall, not including the bar and chain.  The little bar was part of a pack of four bars on clearance at Michaels and was made for scrapbooking, but I thought it'd be perfect, and I think it worked out well.

Project Stats:
Pattern: YEI Engineers Logo
Pattern by: Me
Finished Beading: 2007
Beads: 11/0 Delicas
Thread: White Nymo Size B
Percentage: 100% complete
Rows: 71 of 71 complete
Beads: 1,152 of 1,152 complete

I'll be setting up the finished project page for bead weaving soon.  Probably Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment