Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Firefighter Logan: Second Post

Two more letters down, one and the border to go!

First up is the L.  This is the one that also had a dalmatian.  Since I liked the dalmatian in the O better, I swapped this one out.  This was actually the last one I designed for the piece so I knew I wasn't going to be using the firefighter from the A.  I thought it'd be a good idea to use one of the other firefighters.  I found I liked the one on the letter P the best.

In redesigning it, I found most of the actual letter was no longer visible.

But that's okay, the firefighter is just standing in front of it.
I did lengthen the hose to drape over the L, added color on his jacket buckles and the hose nozzle.  I also changed his hair line slightly with two quarter stitches.  I did find that the black crosses on his eyes made me think he looked dead. :(

I fixed that with backstitching.  There wasn't supposed to be any backstitching around his eyes, but I wanted the firefighter alive, not dead.
I also used some blue Kreinik that I had as water spray from the end of the hose.  And he's smiling too, that makes him look even less dead.

The A was next.  As I mentioned this one had a firefighter with an ax, but I didn't really like the way it looked so I ended up taking the fireman's hat from the letter B and putting it on A's "head".  Here's the letter.

Here are the hat's colors.

And a little bit of backstitching.

Project Stats:
Pattern: Firefighter Logan
Pattern by: Firefighter's Sampler
Started Stitching: October 11, 2013
Fabric: 28ct. White Evenweave
Floss: DMC 2 over 2, or 1 over 2 Kreinick #4 Braid
Percentage: 58.61% complete
Stitches: 2,446 out of 4,173 complete

The N is next, I only changed colors on that one, then I also have a kind of plaid border that I created, hopefully it'll look good with the rest of the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment