Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Her Special Place: Third Post

So I've been working on Her Special Place.

I've been in a weird crafting mood recently.  I haven't really wanted to work on any of my projects, but I've wanted to work on something.  I did some navy blue on Transcendence and I worked on a new project which I haven't gotten far enough on to post.  Then I started working on Her Special Place again, and it seemed to be what the "doctor" ordered.

I decided to work on her hair next.  It seemed to make more sense in the overall stitching process.  There are some colors that are in her hair that are also skin tones so it'll be a natural progression to her skin.

The first two colors of her hair:

A few more colors here:

I think she's looking really good and I'm going to continue working on her for the time being.  At least until I get most of her hair done.

Since I'm working this on 28 count I knew the Kreinik #4 braid wouldn't work with it.  Thanks to Thea I was able to easily find a nice replacement in Sulky thread, color 7021.  I wanted to see how it would work, and did three stitches of it in her hair.  I think the two strands will work perfectly.  Thanks Thea.

Back to stitching I go.

Project Stats:
Pattern: Her Special Place
Original Artist: Selina Fenech
Pattern by: Heaven and Earth Designs
Started Stitching: October 16, 2012
Fabric: 28ct. White Evenweave
Floss: DMC 1 over 1
Percentage: 10.43% complete
Stitches: 6,739 out of 64,595 complete

2 comments: