Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Little Snap Dragon: Fifth Post - Framed

I had some fun framing this one.  It wasn't difficult for me to pick out the mats, I did have to go through a few before I found just the right colors, and I had to play around a bit before I got them in the "right" order though.  Then came the frame.  I was stumped.  My sister was with the other framer working on getting her own pieces framed but I called her over for help.

She grabbed a few frames, including one the the most expensive frames off the wall.  And that frame, which I never would have picked on my own, looked awesome!  Dangit!  This is a huge piece and of course the larger it is the more expensive it is to frame, but none of the other frames just worked the way this one did.  So I bit the bullet and said frame it.

Without further ado, here it is:

It is huge.  I'm pretty sure I know where I'm going to hang it, hopefully it fits there.  I guess I'll find out when I get it home.

Dolphin Trio is the only piece left that I haven't posted from my most recent framing expedition.  But I still have plenty of old pieces that I still need to share.

1 comment: