It's time to go on to the Roses. The container for these guys have gone through quite a few revisions in my head. Originally I was going to paint a terracotta pot white and add some little decorative swirls to it. Then I thought of using a glass vase and filling it with decorative sand in an interesting pattern. So I did what I normally do when I'm unsure of what I want to do, I talk to my sister. She seemed as thrilled with the terracotta pot idea as I was, and she said the sand idea could take focus away from the main part of the piece, the roses.
Her idea was to use a glass vase, and use a crackle medium. I thought this would be a cool idea, but I didn't want the crackle on the outside I wanted it on the inside. So I did some research and never found if the medium would work in reverse, I might test this out one day though. While researching I came across a pinterest pin that I thought would be a great idea.
I was going to take pictures as I did it, but I forgot, so here are my finished attempts:
I was going to work on this tomorrow, but I wanted to work on something and I ended up working on this. With the next picture I added the leaves to the flowers, wrapped the stems with floral tape and have started wrapping everything around a stem wire with 34 gauge wire.
Below everything is wrapped together, now I just need to shape it and figure out which "vase" I'm using.
Below I've arranged the flowers and found the smaller vase is the best fit.
Add a bit of floral foam surrounded by moss, add the flowers and you're done!
Pattern: Mini Roses
Flower Design: Dalene Kelly
Arrangement Design: Me
Started: April 24, 2013
Finished: May 6, 2013
Beads: 11/0 Czech Seed Beads
Wire: 26 ga. floral wire and Artistic Wire