Thursday, May 30, 2013

Nocturne: First Post

As I mentioned in my post for Samurai I fell in love with this the instant I saw it.  I just knew I had to stitch it!

As I mentioned I loved the subtlety of the blue on blue version.  I am not changing any of the colors from the sample piece.

I started working on it last night and I already have a color finish, the inside dark purple.

Project Stats:
Pattern: Nocturne
Pattern by: Fire Wing Designs
Started Stitching: May 29, 2013
Fabric: 28ct. Lunar Cashel Linen
Floss: DMC & Weeks Dye Works 2 over 2
Percentage: 11.62% complete
Stitches: 1,023 out of 8,799 complete

I think I'm going to try to get through as many of the Signets as I can.  I want to frame them similarly, so I don't want to frame them until they're all done.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do about Paladin.  Therefore, if I don't work on them, I'll never be able to enjoy the ones I've finished.  They all shouldn't take too much time, maybe a week each except for Nocturne, Eclipse and Duality.  I'm planning on making myself Anthera and Colombina as well, but not in the immediate future as they can be framed differently.

I also, unfortunately, am really liking Eva Horne's Dragonflies designs.  So the sooner I finish with her Signets  the sooner I can work on her Dragonflies.

No comments:

Post a Comment