Monday, September 9, 2013

12 Dragonlets of Christmas: Fourth Post

I finally decided on which dragon to work on next, #5 Golden Rings.  He is actually my favorite, I think he just looks so adorable curled up in his little ring asleep.  I started working on him shortly after I finished #6 and figured I'd finish him up in the morning... yeah that didn't happen.  Once I started working on him I just couldn't stop!

I decided to make a small change.  The membrane of the wing was charted as 744, a yellow, but most of the other Dragon Dreams charts have the membranes as the lightest green.  I kind of liked that better, so I changed the color to 369.

Then on with the rest of the colors:
I decided to go with 002HL #4 Kreinick braid for the two larger rings, and for the three rings that were marked for 3822 I decided to add the 002HL blending filament.  I liked the contrast in color between the two, but I wanted all my rings to sparkle.  Trust me, they sparkle, it's just hard to tell in the picture.

And, finally, the backstitching:
This one had a TON of backstitching.  I think it had the most so far.  At least it felt that way, but I was backstitching at one in the morning so maybe it's the same, but just felt like more.

Project Stats:
Pattern: 12 Dragonlets of 2012
Pattern by: Dragon Dreams Facebook Page
Started Stitching: September 6, 2013
Fabric: 28ct. Legacy Cashel Linen
Floss: DMC 2 over 2, or 1 over 2 Kreinick #4 Braid
Percentage: 24.47% complete
Stitches: 1,022 out of 4,175 complete

I honestly didn't think I'd be working on these this much, I thought I'd do one, let it sit around and then maybe work on another one many months later.  But I just can't seem to stop myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment