I find it interesting that when I put them on my WIP page they ended up in the same layout by pure chance just due to the width of the pictures and the width of my blog space.
I next added in some borders to separate each dragonlet of Christmas. It took me a while to come up with something to go there. I was trying to decide if I wanted to do just backstitching or single cross stitches, but that seemed too boring. After quite a bit of playing around I decided to go with a stitch I originally stitched on two previous Dragon Dreams charts, Lost Dragon Sampler and Tales of Wonder, called a herringbone stitch. I decided to use a variegated thread by ThreadworX called Christmas Candy, and here's how it turned out:
Pattern: 12 Dragonlets of 2012
Pattern by: Dragon Dreams Facebook Page
Started Stitching: September 6, 2013
Fabric: 28ct. Legacy Cashel Linen
Floss: DMC & ThreadworX 2 over 2, or 1 over 2 Kreinick #4 Braid
Percentage: 70.75% complete
Stitches: 2,954 out of 4,175 complete
You may notice no change in the stats, that's because I really don't know how to count backstitching as stitches, also when I added these to the program I made them as backstitches, and the program counts backstitching in inches, not stitches, it was 99.79" or 8.3' (2.5m) if you're curious.
So on with the next bit, it's going to take a bit longer than this bit. I have no idea how long, so I'll just say I'll be back when I'm back.