Friday, September 27, 2013

Here Be Dragons: Second Post - Complete

What?  Another completed project?  How did that happen?

So, after my last post on this, back in early August, I did the rest of the cross stitches:

It was going so well and so fast I didn't even add it to my WIP page because I thought I'd have it done in no time...

And then I started on the backstitching and got bored, really, really bored.  There was just so much of it, and it seemed to never end.  So I put it aside and worked on other stuff.  Thursday I finally picked it up again and told myself I wouldn't be able to work on anything until it was done, so I finished up the dragon on the right with the eastern hemisphere this morning:

And tonight, the left dragon and western hemisphere:

I did leave out the 2002 that was at the bottom.  If I had stitched it in 2002 I probably would have kept it, but, since it didn't have any meaning to me, I left it out.

Project Stats:
Pattern: Here Be Dragons
Pattern by: Dragon Dreams
Started Stitching: July 11, 2013
Finished Stitching: September 27, 2013
Fabric: 28ct. DMC Linen
Floss: DMC 2 over 2, or 1 over 2 Kreinick #4 Braid
Percentage: 100% complete
Stitches: 2,998 out of 2,998 complete

I have one more little project that I started on and am only lacking the backstitching on it.  My goal is to have that one finished up by the end of the weekend.  Why so long?  I have many plans between now and then and I don't like it when I don't make my own deadlines, not that there are any repercussions, but it's nice to be able to keep a goal.

1 comment: